Vaginal Rejuvenation & Labiaplasty
Dr. David Thao is one of the most requested board certified plastic surgeon around for vaginal rejuvenation. He has performed labiaplasty and vaginal tightening on patients from all over the country and has helped many patients look and feel better about themselves.
Many women seek and undergo vaginal rejuvenation for both functional and aesthetic reasons so they can feel better about themselves and their bodies. One of the most performed procedures for vaginal rejuvenation is called labiaplasty, a surgical procedure that reshapes and/or removes excessive labia minora tissue (the skin covering female clitoris and vaginal opening also known as the inner vaginal lips). This extra inner labia tissue can be caused by sexual intercourse, childbirth, or simply genetics.
For many women, an excessive or protruding labia minora can cause irritation, discomfort, and pain while having sexual intercourse; limit performance in physical activities; deter from wearing certain types of clothing (tight pants, workout attires, bathing suits) due to physical protrusion of the excess tissue; and create the feeling of poor body image because of the extra tissue in the genital area.
Post childbirth and aging can also result in weak vaginal muscles and a larger vaginal opening and canal which may interfere with sexual enjoyment and self-esteem for many women.
Dr. Thao offers the following vaginal rejuvenation procedures:
ThermiVa (Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation)
- ThermiVa treatments use temperature controlled radio frequency energy to gently heat tissue so that women can reclaim, restore and revive feminine wellness without discomfort or downtime. ThermiVa treatments will help Increase vaginal moisture, strengthen vaginal muscles, improve painful intercourse, increase vaginal sensitivity, and reduce urinary leakage and urgency.
- Click here to learn more about ThermiVa Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation.
Vaginoplasty (vaginal tightening)
- Vaginoplasty, also known as vaginal tightening, is a surgical procedure designed to tighten loose or stretched vaginal wall muscles and to narrow the vaginal opening. As a result, vaginal tightening may enhance sexual intercourse and improve self-esteem.
- Labia Minora (inner lips) Reduction: a surgical procedure to reduce and /or reshape the oversized inner vaginal lips (labia minora) for better aesthetic appearance and function.
- Labia Majora (outer lips) Reduction: a surgical procedure through liposuction to reduce fat from the overly protruding outer vaginal lips called the labia majora for a better aesthetic appearance.
Labia Majora Augmentation
- Opposite of Labia Majora Reduction, this procedure uses fat transplant/injections to enhance and make the outer vaginal lips (labia majora) area fuller for a better aesthetic and youthful appearance.
Mons Pubis Rejuvenation
- Women with excessive fat or skin in the hair bearing areas of the lower abdomen (the mons pubis) can benefit from liposuction to the area. Tightening and lifting the mons pubis can also result in a more aesthetic and youthful appearance.
Ideal Candidates for Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation are:
- Women who are healthy and have realistic expectations.
- Women who are experiencing pain, discomfort, or sexual dysfunction because of the oversized or asymmetrical labia.
- Women who are not aesthetically pleased with the protruding labia tissue or the shape of the labia.
Your Free Cosmetic Consultation - Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation
We invite you to schedule a private consultation with Dr. David Thao, one of Minnesota's top board certified plastic surgeon, to explore your labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation procedure. Dr. Thao has been named BEST PLASTIC SURGEON by Readers' Choice, TOP DOCTOR by Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine, BEST DOCTOR FOR WOMEN and BEST MINNESOTA DOCTOR by Minnesota Monthly.
During your labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation consultation all aspects of your proposed surgery will be discussed including preparation, relative risks, recovery, range of fees, and financing options. Woodbury Plastic Surgery in Minnesota is committed to caring for the whole person by educating, nurturing and comforting our patients in a safe and professional environment.